Liberal Arts: Associate
Associate in Science: Liberal Arts
Program Advisers: Faculty of the Department of Philosophy/Humanistic Studies
This degree may be awarded to students who have completed:
1. All general education requirements including exercise science.
2. Seventeen (17) semester hours of free elective courses.
The student must maintain a minimum grade point average of “C” (2.0) to receive the Associate in Science degree.
Why study Meteorology at WestConn?
* We have Bachelor of Science programs designed for two separate career tracks.
* Our students earn credits while performing TV/radio weathercasts or doing real-time forecasting for clients in our Weather Center!
* You'll have access to undergraduate research and internship opportunities.
* Our Southern New England weather is a meteorologist's dream for variety... Four seasons of challenge!
* WestConn is all about quality education at an affordable cost!
WestConn's Nursing begins in a student's second-year sequence, or the student's sophomore year. This provides the students with three full years of nursing courses. The Nursing department is able to accept around 60 students each year. We offer smaller class sizes and faculty are readily accessible to students. WestConn’s nursing department has affiliations with many health care agencies in the greater Danbury, Waterbury and New Haven areas. WSCU nursing has one of the highest pass rates for the NCLEX in Connecticut. Our graduates have gone on to be very successful in many areas of nursing and are sought after by many employers in Connecticut.
Contact: Robin Goodrich
Other Western Connecticut State University Resources: